Western Grains Research Foundation (WGRF) is a farmer funded and directed crop research funding agency. We are committed to increasing the profitability and sustainability of Western Canadian farmers through excellence in crop research.
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing and administering the accounting and financial activities of WGRF. This is a part-time position, approximating 60% of full-time hours.
• Day-to-day financial accounting including receipts and disbursements, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and cash management.
• Accounting and reporting on financial investments in multiple fund accounts. Facilitate ongoing investment activities by working with an external Financial Advisor and an Investment Committee.
• Tracking research contract commitments.
• Providing financial reporting to joint funders for specific research contracts.
• Preparation of financial statements and reporting to management and the Board of Directors.
• Preparation of annual budgets as well as short and long-term spending projections relative to available funds.
• Signing officer for financial transactions and contracts.
• Administer payroll and group benefits.
• Provide relevant support to management, staff, Board and Committees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting with professional designation (CPA).
• Minimum five years related experience.
• Skilled with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word) and accounting software.
• Familiar with legal contracts and databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
• Self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills.
• Commitment to a positive workplace culture that is tolerant, patient, and respectful of others.
WGRF offers a competitive salary and benefits program. Flexible work hours will be considered.
If you would like to be part of a friendly, highly motivated team located at Innovation Place in Saskatoon please send us your resume by 4 pm Monday September 14th. Attention: Candice Lajeunesse, Program Administrator at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the Western Grains Research Foundation. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.